North Woolwich, Newham, London
To create a culture of relationships between humans and nature through the typology of the garden.
- Nature Deficiency: People living in North Woolwich have little access to nature
- Population Growth: By 2024, Newham’s population is set to reach 381,000, a number comparable to major UK cities
- Council House Funding: Newham received the largest amount of funding in London.
- Maintenance Model: Create a sustainable and economically viable council housing model
- Home: Generate a housing typology with a variety of public and private external spaces
- Garden: Form a sustainable urban landscape centred around three unique garden typologies
- Planet: Design to recycle water, harvest sunlight and minimise resource use
ImpactA new model of living, generated through landscape led architecture, aiming to create a holistic way of life in which humans and nature interact.